This is probably the easiest diy baby sensory toy you've ever sewn. What's best, this soft and light baby toy will help your baby build tactile awareness, along with a few other benefits for the child. Take a look!
This post is part of the FREE BABY SEWING PATTERNS series on this blog. Make sure to grab ALL of the free baby sewing patterns on this site:
- Free baby hat pattern - NEW 3 SIZES!
- Diy Knotted Baby Headband - SWEET!
- Free Baby Bib Pattern - Comes in 3 Sizes!
- Bandana Bib Pattern - Cool And Free
- Free Pattern - Baby Burp Cloth
- Free Pattern - Fabric SailBoat Toy
- Free Baby Scarf Tutorial - With a Twist!
- Easy Baby Soft Ball free pattern
- Diy Flannel Baby Blanket - so soft!
And there are so many more! Now, let's first see how to make the perfect baby sensory toy. This sewing tutorial shows you how to sew squares and only requires sewing straight lines, so this is an ideal beginner sewing project for someone who's just learning how to use the sewing machine.
Baby Sensory Toy Tutorial
One additional good thing about it: it's washable, since a lot of times these squares will end up in baby's mouth. Learn how to make it, it's an ideal sewing project for beginners!
This sewing tutorial shows you how to sew squares and only requires sewing straight lines, so this is an ideal beginner sewing project for someone who's just learning how to use the sewing machine.
What you need are a few fabric scraps, preferably in white or non-dyed:
What Fabric To Chose To Make a Baby Sensory Toy
How To Make Baby Tactile Toy
- You can stuff them using batting. I wanted to be able to throw them in the washer, so I used none.
- Edgestitching? Your choice, but I prefer not to, to keep the edges as soft as possible.
Save For Later:
|DIY Matching Scraps Memory Game with Template|
|Farbic Maze Tutorial + Free Pattern|
WANT MORE FREE TUTORIALS AND Patterns?
Get email updates and never miss out on new patterns, printables and tutorials. If you sign up at THIS link, you’ll also get the Fabric Hanging Basket Template for FREE, right now. A cute and easy-sew!
Or check out this popular pattern: Ultimate Diaper Clutch - a perfect baby welcoming gift every new mom would love to get!