This post contains affiliate links. Thanks for your support. The pattern is available for free to all my newsletter subscribers! (new subscribers can join here, existing subscribers: enter Freebie Library here with your password from my latest newsletter) Read on to find out more.
- this Stay-Put Baby Scarf tutorial (Smart!)
- this cute Baby Burp Cloth – FREE Pattern
- the easiest Baby Blanket Pattern
Baby Bib Pattern
This baby bib was designed to be simple and minimalistic. It’s perfect to have at hand for every occasion and it is available in three sizes, from newborns to 4 years. And since everybody has been asking me what fabric I used: it’s the gorgeous Sweet Baby Girl collection designed by Lori Whitlock for Riley Blake. I loved working with these prints. Mix-and-match works great, the prints are small and perfect for tiny baby things to sew. If you are expecting a little baby girl, this is your go-to fabric. Teddy bears, cats, sheep, rabbits – and my favorite, these cute pink elephants with little hearts on their trunks and the tiny floral background – irresistible!
I designed the bib pattern for my own babies – and I’m quite picky about the bibs available out there in shops, so you know you’re going to be making a great shaped bib that will get lots of compliments. Perfect for a drooly baby, a messy toddler or a perfect baby shower gift!
Finished Size of these baby bibs
Width x Length:
Newborn(Small, 0-3 months) 7″ x 9 1/2″ (18 x 24 cm)
Baby (Medium, 3-12 months) 8″ x 10 1/2″ (20 x 27 cm)
Toddler (Large, 1-4 years) 9 1/2″ x 12 1/2″ (24 x 32 cm)
Neck Opening: Newborn Size 9 1/2″ (24 cm), Baby (Medium) 11″ (28 cm), Toddler (Large) 12″ (31 cm)
SUPPLIES to sew the baby bib pattern:
- A fat quarter of quilting fabric (I used a few pieces from Lori Whitlock’s Sweet Baby Girl collection.)
- Fat eighth of terry cloth: 14″ x 11″ (36cm x 28cm) /alternative: sew-in batting, interfacing
- A set of KAM snaps or metallic snaps or Velcro tape
- sewing machine or needle, pins or sewing clips,
- iron, scissors, or rotary cutter plus cutting mat (I use this one by Olfa)
- the free template that’s available to all my newsletter subscribers with an exclusive password you get once you’ve confirmed your subscription (new subscribers: join here, existing subscribers: enter Freebie Library here with your password)
Baby Bib Sewing Steps:
You’ll get these:
6) Turn right side out, using a point turner or a non-sharp object like a chopstick or a knitting needle.
7) Press well, especially the opening. Topstitch around the bib, also closing the gap.
8) Last step: add KAM snaps. If you haven’t done that before, here’s an easy tutorial for you:
or a video slideshow, if you’re more of a YouTube person:
It’s easy and quick!
I hope this makes it super easy for you to sew a load of baby bibs, either for your own or your friends’ babies. Enjoy! Also, make sure to get a coordinating free bandana bib pattern (here), a free baby sized earwarmer headband (here).
How Do I Get the PATTERN for FREE?
CURRENT SUBSCRIBERS: If you already have the 100% DISCOUNT CODE (see my latest newsletter!!) – visit the SHOP (here) and apply it on checkout.
The sewing pattern is available FOR FREE to all subscribers to AppleGreen Cottage newsletter – you get the 100% discount code in the FREEBIE Library when you sign up at this link:
|Sign up for the free newsletter and get this pattern for FREE here – and tons of other goodies!|
Save this project for later so you remember how to use your free pattern:
Now use up your stash making lots more. If you share yours on Instagram, make sure you tag #applegreencottage so I can find it and see! UPDATE: I’ve also submitted it to one of my favorite sites for free sewing projects, here. Visit and check out my other projects there, too!
Want More Free Patterns+Tutorials?
Get email updates and never miss out on new patterns, printables and tutorials. If you sign up at THIS link, you’ll also get the Fabric Hanging Basket Template for FREE, right now. A cute and easy-sew!
|Get this pattern HERE.|