How to make a bow - Learn how to make a cute bow with loops for all your diy presents. Aren't these felt gift bows cute as present toppers? I thought of making more felt decorations last time after my rolled flowers tutorial (here) got so popular - felt loop bows are so easy to make, and you need no template and no sewing machine. Follow this easy tutorial and make sure to scroll down to the end of the post for a few bonus tips. Useful!
This post may contain affiliate links. Thanks for your support.
If you like making accessories, check out these easy projects, too:
- This No-Sew Tulle Bow(EASIEST EVER!)
- Diy Fabric Bow (Super Cute!)
- This diy infinity scarf (So soft!)
- This FREE Cowl Scarf pattern (Super popular NOW)
- felt scraps
- marker and ruler (my 6x24 inch quilting ruler is a multi-tasker!)
- scissors or rotary cutter plus cutting mat (I use this one by Olfa)
- needle, thread
How To Make A Bow
First, here's a video slideshow for those who prefer a video:
Now let's continue to our written step-by-step tutorial:
0) First, let's cut the strips: all of them should be 1 inch wide (2.5cm):
- 4 strips 12 inch long (30cm)
- 2 strips 11 inch long (28cm)
- 2 strips 10 inch long (25cm)
- 1 strip 4 inches long, for center (10cm)
NOTE: Scissors are just fine, but a rotary cutter and a cutting mat will make this task a breeze!
6) In the end, attach the center of your felt bow, the circle piece.
Done! You've just learnt how to make a bow and here's your beautiful creation:
How to make a bow - BONUS TIPS:
- If you feel the bow is thick enough or you are running out of space, you might want to leave out one or sometimes even two pieces.
- You can adjust the width of your felt stripes to make your bow either fuller or thinner.
- However, if you'd like to have a loop bow with a lot of narrow loops, I'd recommend you to go a different way and use another technique for bow-making. A new tutorial is on its way, stay tuned!