So here’s – finally! – a proper seam roll. And a tutorial and a free template, to celebrate my new make 🙂
- 8.5 x 11″ of fabric that can take iron heat – mid-weight cotton will do perfectly!
- sewing machine and needle, pins
- sewing thread, tailor chalk pen
- scissors, or rotary cutter plus cutting mat (I use this one by Olfa)
- optional: pinking shears
- the free PDF Template (available in the subscriber-resource library for all newsletter subscribers – join the free newsletter here!)
Seam Roll Tutorial:
1) Using the free PDF template, cut out the two pieces from your fabric.
When you approach the dart point, shorten the stitch and sew on several stitches to leave long thread tails.
7) Turn right-side-out and press well.
9) Close the opening using a ladder or a slip stitch. Done!
Get Your Free PDF Sewing Template:
Sign up for my free newsletter HERE and get access to the free template in the Resource Library once you confirm your subscription:
You’ll also get a pattern from my shop for free.
|You’ll also get a pattern from my shop for free.|
Save this tutorial for later:
Want More Free Patterns+Tutorials?
Get email updates and never miss out on new patterns, printables and tutorials. If you sign up at THIS link, you’ll also get the Fabric Hanging Basket Template for FREE, right now. A cute and easy-sew!
You also get access to my entire FREEBIES Library.
Or …go straight to one of my currently most popular PDF patterns – the ZIP Pocket Coin purse:
|Get This Pattern HERE.|