So instead of forever mending torn pockets, I decided to get some key pouches. And being a little nuts about things handmade and diy, why not make them myself, right? So I did, and these three turned out quite cute!
Why I love my triangular key pouch:
- flat and small and can be easily tucked into my pants pocket, if needed
- prevents scratches from sharp key edges
- great format to get keys out easily (important!)
- can still double as coin purse – or my USB drive holder
- It sits neatly in a pants pocket and fits well in the hand.
It’s practical, just like a good key holder needs to be. Plus cute! Now, let’s talk details, so you can make one too:
How To Make A Key Pouch From a Coin Purse:
Here’s a short how-to make a tiny tab like this green one:
Use the dimensions from the pattern, or use your own dimensions, as you prefer.
It’s a great scrap-buster project, and it makes an excellent little handmade present or stocking stuffer! Easy-to-scale pattern if you want a larger size. (Just like a good key holder needs to be.)
Want More Free Patterns+Tutorials?
Or, if you love coin purses, check out my latest PDF pattern HERE:
|Get pattern HERE.|