Air Dry Clay Christmas Decorations
These clay stars would also make adorable DIY gift tags on your Christmas presents!
- DAS Air Hardening Modelling Clay (air drying clay)
- a rolling pin
- star shaped cookie cutter
- ribbon or twine
Air Dry Clay Star Decorations - Tutorial
1. Open your package of air drying clay - you only need a portion of it, better work in small chunks to avoid drying it too quickly.
2. Knead the clay a bit to soften it, then pull out your rolling pin and roll it out evenly to about 5mm thick.
3. Using your chosen cookie cutter cut out your clay shapes.
4. Carefully peel away any excess clay. Carefully wrap any leftover clay in a plastic bag, so it doesn't dry and you can use it next time, for another crafting project.
Make a hole in each star for hanging. We simply used a toothpick, but if you'd like the holes to appear even and clean, use a special crafting punch tool.
6. When dry, you can paint it using simply watercolors, or, if you want to make sure there's no paint residue, use acrylic paint. I loved the natural white so much I decided to leave the ornaments white.