Love this time of the year – let’s make Christmas tree decorations! If you are looking for some inspiration, check out this easy-sew tutorial for cone-shaped Christmas tree ornaments you can make this Christmas, in addition to a few other Christmas decorations tutorials available here. Totally easy, and they come with a free PDF template!
This post may contain affiliate links. Thanks for your support.
- Santa Bag! – The Prettiest Santa Sack Tutorial
- 15+ Cutest Diy Christmas Gifts For Kids
- 25+ diy Christmas Gifts To Sew (With Patterns)
- 5 Easy Christmas Tree Ornaments You’ll Love
DIY Cone-Shaped Christmas Ornaments
Handmade Christmas ornaments are great, simple sewing projects for beginners. Learning how to make them does not have to be difficult or time-consuming – and these fabric Christmas ornaments are easy and quick to make. Hope you’ll enjoy making them!
Plus, you can use any fabric scraps you have to sew them – they are perfect for using up those fabric scraps you have left over from other Christmas sewing projects!
- fabric (solids or prints, anything cute)
- grossgrain ribbon
- matching thread
- sewing machine
- scissors (or rotary cutter)
- a template for the BUNTING BANNER, as it’s the same shape and size as these ornaments.
The Bunting Banner template is available in the subscriber-resource FREEBIES library for all newsletter subscribers – join the free newsletter here!)
Cone-Shaped Christmas Ornaments Tutorial
Now, to the tutorial. It’s so simple, you’ll see! It’s partly borrowed from another post of mine, too!
Just for convenience’ sake, I am copying steps 2-4 from the bunting banner tutorial, since you’ll need them to complete this project – and I don’t want to keep sending you around and spend time searching. The rest of the steps is different and you’ll find them here only.
PART ONE: TWO STRAIGHT STITCHES
Then press flat for easier turning.
PART TWO: STUFF + CLOSE.
6) Handstitching: baste-stitch the entire way around the opening
7) Slowly pull and tighten the seam.
8) Insert the ribbon into the narrow opening and, still using the same sewing thread, sew it in. A few stitches to secure the seam and that’s it.
These plush hanging softies are the perfect way to add some color to your tree without any risk of breakage and mess. Especially if you have a little child at home. Unbreakable, they can even double as toys!
A cute beginner sewing project and totally inexpensive – you’ll only need a few scraps of fabric. A great scrap buster! Hope you’ll like them as much as we did!