This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for your support.
First, for those of you who like video tutorials, I’ve made a video slide-show just to make it easier for you. Check it out:
– quick and easy to install
– plastic – easy to care for
– a fantastic choice for many easy sewing projects (check some of them here!)
KAM Snap Sizes
KAM snaps come in several sizes and shapes.
One KAM snap – 4 pieces!
- 2 caps. They will be installed on top of the outer fabric layer. See the image below.
- 1 socket piece (use on the body of your project)
- 1 stud piece (use on the flap piece of your project)
You’ll recognize the stud piece as it is flat on one side.
Now, let’s see how to install one.
- your finished sewn project that needs KAM snap closure (I used this coin purse)
- one set of KAM snaps pieces (4 pieces: 2 caps and a socket and a stud piece)
- KAM snap pliers (best get them in a set)
- an awl
How To Install KAM snaps – TUTORIAL
3) Mark the placement of the snaps. Use your awl and pierce a tiny hole through all layers, just to allow the cap prong through.
4) FLAP: cap+stud piece
First, push the cap pin from the front side to the back through the hole. Then place the stud piece onto the cap pin from the other side of the fabric.
8) Repeat on the body of the bag or case, this time using a cap + socket piece. DOUBLE-CHECK now: the stud and the socket should be facing. The two caps should be facing AWAY from each other. Is it so? Good, go on!
9) Place them together, align, and squeeze using your KAM pliers. Here, finished! Your finished pair of plastic snaps should look like this.
Now choose your next project and – happy crafting!
Save For Later:
Want More Free Patterns+Tutorials?
|Get This Pattern HERE.|