This tutorial is part of the Homemade Holidays – FREE Pattern Bundle. Scroll down for more info (and even more free patterns!)
Have I told you these diy felt ornament templates come in 3 sizes? Yes!
If you like this project, check out more:
- 20+ diy Christmas Gifts To Sew (Now!)
- 15+ Cutest Diy Christmas Gifts For Kids
- Origami Ornament – Looks Complicated But It’s So Easy!!
Diy Felt Ornament
- felt in your favorite color combination
- tassels, pompoms or beads for embellishment – optional
- 8″ – 10″ ribbon for hanging
- matching thread, sewing machine, scissors, needle
- optional, but so useful: double-sided fabric tape
- Free template – download and print page 10 of my new Homemade Christmas Patterns Bundle – it’s FREE for all and contains more than 10 free Christmas sewing patterns. All made for you! Here:
|Get FREE Pattern Bundle HERE.|
3 template options:
Diy Felt Ornament – Step 1
Diy Felt Ornament – Step 2
Cut caps, 2 per each ornament you want to make.
Diy Felt Ornament – Step 3
- Cut out a few pieces of the design you chose (min 2)
- Cut small circles from felt to use as embellishment and accents.
Diy Felt Ornament – Step 4
Feel free to trim a piece or two, you can add it to the base layer and you’ll have an accent layer. So pretty! Here’s how I just trimmed a bit off my white felt layer using my rotary cutter:
Diy Felt Ornament – Step 6
Time to select and arrange your pieces to form an ornament. Wonder tape is of great help here! This is how you’ll easily attach the layers temporarily:
Diy Felt Ornament – Step 7
Stitch the upper (circle) layers to the base layer. Best you do the front and the back separately:
Diy Felt Ornament – Step 8
Place the front and the back sides together and sew along one outer edge:
Diy Felt Ornament – Step 9
Add the cap and the hanging ribbon. The cap will help you make the ends neat. Use double-sided fabric tape again, add just bits of it to both caps to attach the ribbon. Once you place the caps on each side, stitch them in place, catching the ribbon too.
Diy Felt Ornament – Step 10
Attach the tassel, beads, or pompom:
Done and ready for holiday home decorating!
Make sure to save the project so you can use all the free templates when you need them:
And make sure to download the FREE Homemade Holidays – Free Pattern Bundle from the shop for FREE (no coupon required.) – you’ll be able to use all the patterns in there once I’ve published all the free tutorials that I have planned. Make sure to subscribe to my weekly newsletter HERE so you don’t miss out on the new stuff!
Want More Crafty Ideas+Tutorials?
|Get Pattern HERE.|