Make adorable diy gnomes using these 15 Christmas gnome tutorials. Love Nordic inspired crafts? Just like Nordic decor (here’s my latest tree decorations tutorial), Scandinavian gnomes are a huge trend now, and they are so cute! You can make your own little Scandinavian tomte Christmas gnomes for your tree this year, or use them to top Christmas presents. Here are 15 free diy Christmas gnomes for you to check out!
This post includes affiliate links. Thanks for your support! First off, there’s tons of Christmas projects on this blog, make sure to also check out these:
- Plaid Christmas Stocking tutorial (get 2 stocking patterns – for FREE!)
- 15+ Cutest Diy Christmas Gifts For Kids
- Pretty Gift Tags With Hexagons
- 10 Trending Gifts For Creative Persons
- 37 Prettiest Diy Christmas Decorations (To try out now!)
Back to our fabulous diy gnomes! You must have seen them in Scandinavian Christmas decor collections: a cute little creature with a long white beard and usually a red knit hat. They are called tomte in Sweden, tonttu in Finnland, nisse in Norway and Danemark, and associated with the winter solstice and the Christmas season. I love Nordic inspired crafts – including these delightful Christmas gnomes! They would make a great addition to almost any holiday decor. I hope this post will inspire you to make some DIY Nordic Christmas gnomes.
15 Christmas Gnome Tutorials
Learn how to make these adorable and easy Diy Christmas gnomes, either from fabric, wood, felt, and scraps of other materials – here’s even how to make a Christmas gnome from socks! Here are a few tutorials, I’m starting with my favorite diy gnome:
1) One of my favorite bloggers, Caroline released a gorgeous Tomte sewing tutorial. It’s free, and a must-try this holiday season! Make your own diy gnomes using Caroline’s free Christmas gnome pattern at Sew Can She.
Nordic Christmas Gnomes to diy
2) Diy Nordic Christmas Gnomes by Follow the Yelow Brick Home
Make some trendy DIY Nordic Christmas gnomes following this tutorial. So cute!
Swedish Tomte Tutorial
3) Make these sweet tomte figures inspired by Scandinavian folklore, using the Swedish Tomte Tutorial by Tikkido
GET A FREE BASKET PATTERN when you sign up for our newsletter.
Diy Norvegian Gnomes
4) These cute Norwegian Christmas gnomes only take 10 mins to make using repurposed materials. Make one using the Norvegian Christmas gnomes tutorial by Pillar Box Blue.
White and Gray Diy Gnomes
5) These adorable diy Nordic Christmas gnomes by Diy Candy look stunning in a gray palette.
Diy Christmas Gnome Decor
6) This easy Christmas gnome wine bottle cover is great for gifting.
7) How to make a Christmas gnome by Decor And The Dog
Fun, whimsical and downright adorable diy Christmas gnomes.
8) In this tutorial, Tanya at Dans Le Lakehouse experimented with new, bright colors. Cute! Make one using the tutorial for diy tomte Scandinavian gnomes by Dans Le Lakehouse
Festive Diy holiday Gnomes
9) So cute and simple to create!
Diy Buffalo Plaid Christmas Gnome
10) This cute diy Christmas gnome in buffalo plaid by The Country Chic Cottage will make sure to bring a lot of holiday vibes to your home. Cute, cuddly, creative!
Diy Rice Pack Gnome
11) Such a cool idea to make these tiny tometes with rice! Tutorial for this Scandinavian Christmas gnome diy is available at Ruffles And Rainboots
No-Sew Diy Fabric Gnomes
12) A few fun diy gnomes to display on the chimney!
13) Norvegian Nisse Tutorial by Little Bit Funky
Crystal over at Little Bit Funky says that by no means gnomes are just for Christmas. In their Norwegian house, gnomes are good all year long! She made a no-sew gnome version, check it out here.
14) Nisse Christmas gnome tutorial by Sweet Paul
Another cute take on this adorable mythological creature from Scandinavian folklore.
15) And THIS cool Christmas gnome tutorial by Kippi At Home
And do you want to see how to make Christmas gnomes from socks? You’ve got it! One of my friends has just made a backyard-full of super cool diy gnomes, using exactly this tutorial you can find at Kippi At Home. I couldn’t help but head straight to this list on my blog, and add it. Enjoy! I hope this post has inspired you to make some DIY Nordic Christmas gnomes. Enjoy!
Make sure to save this post for later:
WANT MORE FREE TUTORIALS AND GOODIES?
Get email updates and never miss out on new patterns, printables and tutorials. If you sign up at THIS link, you’ll also get the Fabric Hanging Basket Template for FREE, right now. A cute and easy-sew!
Or …check out this popular PDF pattern – the gift bag in 6 sizes and a super easy no-corner-boxing sewing project. Reusable gift bags for all your future gifts!