KAIA is a mini fabric bin pattern. Let’s start the day with an easy beginner sewing project. One that uses only little material and doesn’t take a lot of time to complete, and something adjustable, simple and beautiful. I’m talking about the sewing pattern for this unique, adorably cute DIY mini fabric bin with a fold-over bunting top. Meet KAIA. Just the cutest little thing to sew!
The KAIA Story
Last week, I sat down to sew a few new Christmas gifts for my family and friends. Noticing that I ran out of space for my thread spools, I thought I’d first make a cute little bin or two to hold the green, blue and white spools – the ones I use most often.
I quickly cut two rectangles out of my ‘pretty fabric’ stash (do you have one too? The fabric you simply love and save all the tiny scraps of it? Yep, that one.) Sewing a straight line seemed just too boring at the moment, so I ended up zigzagging my way through the upper hemline. What I got was this little red beauty in the middle of this image:
|Get PATTERN HERE.|
That’s how the KAIA Mini Bin pattern was born. Nothing difficult, but I find it so incredibly cute! PATTERN available HERE.
Kaia Bin Pattern
Endless possibilities to organize your desk, craft room shelves, kid’s creative corner, as well as that messy kitchen drawer. Tons of uses! My favorite use: for crafts supplies. Really, it’s just perfect to hold your craft supplies. Fill one with satin ribbons. Or tiny colorful buttons. And put it on a shelf in your home. Adorable, I know!
- The KAIA Mini Fabric Bin is lined.
- It’s reinforced by fusible interfacing to give it some body to keep its shape.
- It’s reversible.
- Easily adjustable height.
- Easy to sew and doesn’t take a lot of time to complete.
- It requires little material to sew. A great scrap buster!
- So cute! (OK, I might be biased, so this one doesn’t count as feature 🙂
- Makes an excellent handmade present for your loved ones (think Christmas!)
What about the PDF Sewing Pattern?
They make excellent handmade presents!
Or fill one of these unique, adorably cute mini fabric bins with a bunch of goodies and you’re good to go!
- Presents for kids? Fill it with a set of crayons. Or the smallest set of Lego City blocks (hint hint, Santa!)
- A crafting friend? Add crafts supplies. Talk satin ribbons, or these cute colorful buttons by Riley Blake Designs.
- Sewing enthusiast? a bunch of pre-wound bobbins. Along with these cute Tulip Bobbin Clamps to keep the bobbin thread from unwinding.
- Or add a few spools of quality sewing thread and wrap them with these adorable Peels Spool Huggers (so colorful!).
- Or fill it with a bunch of Hershey chocolate kisses and here’s a perfect gift to a chocoholic friend 🙂