Sew a wallet that can double as your perfect purse! With a crossbody strap, this elegant slim wallet purse will carry everything a regular wallet can, plus a bit more. Scroll down to check out all the options and little smart tweaks that will make the Enya your go-to wallet pattern!
The Enya pattern now has a video!
NEW, a great video sew-along tutorial, filmed by Kris SewNotes -> here!
If you're a visual learner and want to sew up the Enya wallet bag - the ENYA bag pattern video tutorial is for you. Kris thank you so much!
Meet the new Enya Wallet pattern: versatile, with lots of options, and a professional finish.
This stylish and sleek crossbody wallet will win your heart the minute you start sewing it: it comes with tons of pockets and a few smart tweaks such as a detachable keyholder strap, a separate front pocket for your most frequently used items (ID card, bus pass?), pockets with and without zippers, card slots and some space for a little extra that won’t usually fit into a regular wallet.
A stylish and smart design and a professional look. The multi-piece front panel enables you to showcase your prettiest fabric prints while allowing for a multitude of styles and materials.
- A stylish and sleek crossbody style wallet
- Top zipper closure, handy and secure.
- Slim design with a little bit more room than a regular wallet
- Mix-and-match project: combine luxurious faux leather, cork, suede or vinyl with printed cotton. Ideal to showcase your prettiest fabric prints.
- A detachable lanyard-like keyholder was added for security and convenience.
- A removable, adjustable strap makes it seamless to convert your wallet from a shoulder to crossbody style or carry it as a clutch.
- 2 options for strap connectors, changing the look of your Enya wallet!
AND TONS OF POCKETS:
- Eight card pockets, an interior zippered coin pocket, and a bill pocket keep your credit cards and money handy.
- Front flap pocket for something you need frequently such as an ID card, or a bus pass. (quick access pocket)
- A phone slip pocket that will fit any phone size.
- An extra zippered pocket on the outer back for coupons, or coins.
- Main compartment for additional items a wallet alone cannot hold, like a lipstick, a USB or a pack of keys.
Options, options! Even the strap connectors can be installed in two different ways! This wallet has a removable strap so you can use it as a wallet in a larger purse if you need to carry more than just your phone, cards, and cash. Use it as a purse insert for my Sophia crossbody the large size, or as a minimalistic on-the-go crossbody bag. A perfect match for a summer night out!
So many beautiful versions were made by testers - see them all here:
GET YOUR Enya Wallet PATTERN HERE
The pattern is available in my pattern shop here:
In addition to the 10-page printable pattern and separate cutting instructions, you will receive 44 pages of clear, easy-to-follow tutorial-style instructions and clear photos.
Both Printable Pattern Pages AND separate Cutting Dimensions are provided. Meaning you don't necessarily need to print even a single page.
More about the wallet pattern:
- intermediate pattern (but with detailed, easy-to-follow instructions)
- for sewing on domestic machines
- 10 pattern pages plus
- 44 pages of instructions with clear photos for each step
- plus diagrams and tips to help you along the way
- Printing guide and cutting instructions.
- All measurements are given in inch and cm.
- Printable both on letter-size and A4
And there's one thing I need to admit: I marked the pattern as 'intermediate', but let's say it's probably one of the easiest multi-pocket wallets to sew in the intermediate range on the pattern market.
YARDAGE And Materials Required:
- Fabric in total: 1 yard
- A total of one yard/meter (from a 20” bolt) of interfacing+fusible fleece:
- plus interfacing for strap: 51” x 1” (129x2.5cm) if quilting cotton weight is used for strap.
- 3 nylon coil zippers: one 10” (25 cm), two 7” (18 cm)
- magnetic snap
- 4 swivel clasps + 3 D-rings + strap slider adjuster – ½” (13mm) inner width (for straps +keyholder)
Approx. 9" wide, 5" tall, ¾" deep (23 x 13 x 2 cm)
Created specifically to be made on a domestic sewing machine using quilting or furnishing weight fabrics, faux leather, suede, cork or vinyl.
Make sure to save it to Pinterest for some sewing inspiration:
And here are a few more things you learn with the comprehensive and user-friendly instructions that come with the pattern:
- How to make a separate slip pocket in the front panel (so handy!)
- Sewing a welt zipper pocket (the one you'll want to use everywhere from now on!)
- How to make a detachable + adjustable bag strap
- Smart zipper installation, eliminating bulk from side seams on any bag.
- How to merge slip pockets for multiple pocket options, how to sew zippers with a regular foot, and much more.
A great and stylish wallet addition to your collection - make them for yourself, gift or sell them in your handmade shop!
If you like this pattern, check out the features of these: