It was something like a year ago when I presented this super easy felt storage box on Seams And Scissors, and now it’s time you get the free sewing pattern too. It’s a super easy, clever and simple DIY idea for you to try out this spring. Search through your felt stash for a square piece of thick felt, but first scroll down for the free template!
This post contains affiliate links. Thanks for your support!
UPDATE: This tutorial also includes links to my two free felt flower tutorials. Cutest things you can make in no time! If you are searching for those only, scroll down to the end of this post.
Felt Storage Box
Now about this felt cube tutorial and template: it’s a quick DIY, no hemming, no measuring, basically it’s a super quick beginner sewing project. For when you need a quick present but are running out of time. Or for when you don’t feel like working with a seam allowance. Or pressing or making boxed corners. You’ll see what I mean. This:
It also makes a great present. What better than that!
- 12″ x 12″ (31cm x 31 cm) of thick felt. It needs to be at least 2 milimeter thick to give the box enough stability.
- matching thread
- sewing machine, scissors,
- optional: embroidery floss, thin felt for decoration
- your free felt template:
Felt Storage Cube Tutorial:
And I’m adding a quick HOW-TO here:
1) Place a piece of thick felt on a flat surface and trace it using the free template. Cut out the felt:
2) Fold it in half, diagonally.
3) Pin together the two opposing sides of the felt box, like this:
4) Stitch along the pinned lines.
5) Do the same with the other two opposing sides of the cube – pin and stitch:
6)Here’s your felt storage cube:
7) If you want to hide the thread ends, check out this easy sewing tip. My readers love it!
Get Your Free PDF Sewing Template:
Free FELT FLOWER TUTORIALS:
If you’d like to make the felt flowers, I’ve got these two free tutorials for you – with FREE TEMPLATES, too!