Air dry clay crafts – a perfect way to make a cute Ester decoration with air dry clay eggs. Get ready for Easter this year with touches of spring around the home (more ideas here), and brighten up your Easter table with a cute spring decoration that can be made by kids or adults.
This post contains affiliate links. Thanks for your support. If you are looking for more easter crafts, you’ll want to see these:
- 10 Absolutely CUTEST Easter Egg Ideas to Try Out
- Plus 10 More For Kids
- And here’s a FUN thing to do with eggshells!
Enjoy! Now, back to our air dry clay crafts project.
Air Dry Clay Crafts – Easter Crafts
Get ready for air dry clay crafts this Easter. A bit of crafting goes a long way, and these colorful clay eggs will make part of a gorgeous Easter centerpiece, all made by yourself and your kids. Also, perfect if you do not want to use real eggs as Easter decoration.
- air dry clay
- paint (tempera or finger paint for kids, acrylic will hold, nail polish is an option)
How To Make An Egg Shape with Clay
1) Open your package of air drying clay – you only need a portion of it, better work in small chunks to avoid drying it too quickly.
2) Knead the clay a bit to soften it.
3) Then pinch off a small portion and then shape it into an egg-shape. Easy peasy!
4) Leave the eggs for a day or two to dry.
Once the eggs were dry, we painted them. So much fun! We used tempera paint, and the paintbrush was only needed at the start. Later on, the major portion of painting was made by rolling the eggs in paint directly, and smudging paint all over the hands. If you intend to do the same, then tempera will be best, for toddlers finger paint.
Save For Later:
More Spring Inspiration:
Want More Crafty Ideas + Tutorials?
Get email updates and never miss out on new patterns, printables and tutorials. If you sign up at THIS link, you’ll also get the Fabric Hanging Basket Template for FREE, right now. A cute and easy-sew!
Or check out the latest special pattern bundle that’s available right now in my shop – perfect Easter Home Decor for every room in your home: