Sew a foldover crossbody bag pattern using my new Sophia pattern in 3 sizes and a lot of options. The Sophia Fold Over Clutch can be as simple or as sophisticated as you'd like it: a casual everyday clutch, stylish evening clutch for a night out, or a perfect crossbody style for daytime outings. Check it out!
Meet the new Sophia foldover crossbody bag pattern: versatile, lots of options and a professional finish.
Sophia Foldover Crossbody Bag Pattern
It comes in three sizes, double closure, front zip pocket and inside slip pocket option; use it with a wristlet strap or turn into a crossbody bag using the removable strap option included in the pattern. Even the strap comes in two lengths: hip-length or waist-length.
|Get Pattern HERE|
The smallest clutch is perfect to toss in a few essentials: cash, phone, lipstick and keys, and is great as a casual daytime clutch or a stylish evening clutch for a party or dinner out. It can be used as a purse insert for the large size, or as a phone pouch. The Medium size will fit an ipad, and the large size is a perfect crossbody style bag for daytime outings.
- A stylish and sleek fold-over clutch or crossbody bag
- 3 sizes for all your needs: small, medium and large
- Options: clutch or crossbody bag
- Top zipper closure with an additional magnetic snap option to stabilize the fold-over
- Pocket options: outer welt zippered pocket for keys or lipstick, and up to two inner slip pockets for phone, card wallet or a pack of tissues.
- Slim design with a bit of a dimension, just enough to carry more than you’d think.
- Mix-and-match materials: combine luxurious faux leather, cork, suede, or vinyl with printed cottons, using the piecing instructions included.
|Get Pattern HERE.|
You can make them in sets for a great handmade gift.
GET YOUR PATTERN HERE
|Get Pattern HERE|
More about the fold-over clutch pattern:
- intermediate pattern (but with detailed, easy-to-follow instructions)
- for sewing on domestic machines
- 16 pattern pages plus
- 26 pages of instructions with clear photos for each step
- plus diagrams and tips to help you along the way
- Printing guide and cutting instructions.
- All measurements are given in inch and cm.
- Printable both on letter-size and A4
Usually, people with intermediate sewing skills would say it could be marked as a 'beginner bag'. And it's true: the Sophia Fold-Over Clutch pattern can be a great introduction to bag making.
However, my patterns are regularly very (and I mean very!) easy to sew. And when I mark one as a 'beginner pattern', it really really really means you can be a beginner to sew it. With this pattern, you'll need to be comfortable with sewing zipper pockets, sewing through a few layers, handling faux leather and sewing a straight line when topstitching. So, just to be consistent with the rest of my patterns. I'm still making it really easy for you, with all the step-by-step photos, diagrams, tips and tricks and everything (you know me, I love a good pattern hack!)
YARDAGE And Materials Required:
- the largest Sophia clutch requires altogether a yard of fabric (half yard for outer, half yard for lining)
- fusible fleece, light- or medium-weight interfacing
- 2 zippers, one for top closure and one for front pocket
- magnetic snap
- 2 lobster clasps + 2 O-rings or D-rings (for crossbody version) – ¾” (1.9cm) inner width
|I took the large crossbody version for a test-walk immediately. 🙂|
SMALL: approx. 4 ½″ wide, 4 ½″ tall, ¼” depth (11.5 x 11.5 x 0.5 cm)
MIDSIZE: approx. 6″ wide, 6″ tall, ¼” depth (15 x 15 x 0.5 cm)
WIDE: approx. 8″ wide, 4 ½″ tall, ¼” depth (20 x 11.5 x 0.5 cm)
Created specifically to be made on a domestic sewing machine using quilting or furnishing weight fabrics, faux leather, suede, cork or vinyl.
And here are a few more things you learn with the comprehensive and user-friendly instructions that come with the pattern:
- how to piece the front panel for more variety (so handy!)
- how to make a welt zipper pocket (the one you'll want to use everywhere from now on!)
- how to make a detachable bag strap
- how to add zipper tabs to eliminate bulk from side seams on any bag.
- how to sew darts, how to sew zippers with a regular foot, and more.
Get this Pattern NOW
|Get Pattern HERE.|
If you like this pattern, check out the features of these:
- Aiden Phone Purse
- Kalina mini Wallet
- Best Earflap Beanie pattern
- Enya Wallet Bag - tons of pockets!
- Allina Project Tote - so handy as craft caddy too!
- Teya ipad bag
- NELTO Unique Slim Crossbody Bag Pattern
- NEA Small Crossbody Bag
- TRIA Coin Purse - UPDATED January 2022!
- Sweet Round Basket Pattern
Leave a Reply