This zipper will open really wide. A must for a slim-size cross-body bag like my favorite TEYA! (You can check it out here.)
– width: 2 x width of the zipper tape
– length: 4 x width of the zipper tape
So, for the regular, one-inch wide zipper tape, you’ll cut out a rectangle 2″ by 4″ (~5cm x 10cm)
How To Sew A Zipper Tab on One End Of A Zipper
1) Cut the zipper tab piece out of your fabric.
2) Adjust zipper length:
3) Let’s go on: secure the end of the zipper with a few hand stitches:
4) Let’s start making the TAB:
Place the tab piece wrong side up. Fold both the upper and the lower edge towards the center and press:
5) Fold again, this time the left and the right edge towards the center. By now, you’ll have this:
6) It must be the same width as the zipper. Double-check now!
7) Slide the piece onto the trimmed end of the zipper – to the middle of the piece:
8) Fold under the other part of the piece towards the zipper end. Make sure to hide all raw edges:
11) Secure the stitch at the end.
Niiice! Are you interested how this tiny piece of fabric looks like on the bag? Here:
Now it’s your turn: encase the zipper end in a piece of fabric and give your zipper pouch or bag a nice finish.
Save For Later:
Want More Free Patterns+Tutorials?
Or… check out THE TEYA bag, one of my own popular PDF patterns: