A family day out with your kids can be the best present you can give to them, so you might plan an outdoors activity together. To make it even better, you might make these simple DIY boats for kids to play with. Heading to the nearest waterstream can be an adventure in itself!
You can off course leave out the candles 🙂 Now, let's make some cute little boats!
- scissors, a hole punch
- two-inch wide packing tape or vinyl tape (I used white, but can be in any color)
- liquid glue (or glue gun would be even better)
- an empty juice box (or milk carton)
- a drinking straw or a stick of any kind
- a tea-candle (optional; if you do use it, the activity will need supervision by an adult)
HOW TO MAKE A BOAT from repurposed materials
4) Attach the twine to the boat craft using the punched holes:
Remember: If you'll decide to use the candle, and even light the candle when having the boat sail on the water, the entire activity needs to be supervised by an adult. Children are never allowed to play alone with fire, off course.
Done! As you'll see, I made another one using a wooden stick, and I felt it was even better. You can use any materials you like - it's best you just look around and there's a high probability you've already got everything you need. No additional cost, easy and made in a really short time.
Now just head to the nearest waterstream with your kids, and let the summer fun begin!