Today has been an extremely warm summer day in Ljubljana, one of those I have been waiting for the whole year. Sooo... time for homemade blueberry banana ice cream, folks!
This one is simple and healthy and tasty, all three at once. Don't believe it? I neither could until I tried it out. This is my second-ever batch of blueberry banana ice cream. Yummy!
What you will need is 2 (frozen) bananas, a drizzle of lemon juice, and a handful of berries.
I used blueberries since the morning hike to a nearby hill left me with only a handful of blueberries (having hoped for more, but we get what we get, right? 🙂
So here it is, the three-ingredient homemade blueberry banana ice cream. Yummy.
You don't know me, but I hardly ever try a dessert without any added sugar or sweetener of some kind. Well, this is as new to me as this blog is to you. I hope you'll enjoy it! Feel free to drop by again, you are more than welcome here. Damjana
PS - Look, I made it into another no-added-sugar dessert - check out these homemade ice pops!
And if you're here for easy and tasty recipes, you'll love these too:
- our go-to vegan blueberry muffin recipe
- Our favorite diy cake decoration. Works every time!
- these delicious no-fail coconut cookies!
And here's your blueberry banana ice cream recipe to print out. Enjoy!
- 1 cup of fresh blueberries
- 2 ripe bananas
- a drizzle of lemon juice
- Peel and cut the bananas and place them into a container.
- Pour over a bit of the lemon juice from a freshly squeezed lemon.
- Cover and store in the freezer for at least 3 hours.
- Take from the freezer and add blueberries.
- Mix well in a blender until smooth.
- Serve and enjoy.
WANT MORE FREE TUTORIALS AND PATTERNS?
Get email updates and never miss out on new patterns, printables, and tutorials:
And if you like sewing cute little bins, check out another pattern in our shop - the Kaia Mini Bin here: