Meet the brand new Glam Girl Purse Pattern: a clean and elegant design and a unique look with the rounded flap, offering limitless options to use as party purse, a makeup pouch, date-night clutch, a wedding clutch or on a number of occasions like a Sunday church gathering, theatre, or simply a lunch out with friends. You name it!
Check out this short feature video - EASIER to see what I'm talking about in this post!
The Story of the GLAM GIRL Purse Pattern
To be entirely honest, I've had this design in my drafts for ages. I had edited and changed it so many times yet it somehow never felt right to me. Did I mention I'm pretty weird about drafting my patterns - I should probably just follow the market trends instead of figuring out what I personally want from a pattern, haha!
Back to the purse. Fast forward a lot of months and I get my hands on these gorgeous prints in pink, sweet mint, and rose gold sparkle. Rosegold and pink and mint, y'all! Yes please!
That was the evening I reworked my pattern file entirely (again!) because now I finally knew what I wanted from it! I printed out that final draft and sewed up the first one of what you see today: my new GLAM GIRL Purse pattern.
Oh, why exactly this name? Simple! The fabric collection that helped this pattern finally be released is - The Glam Girl collection! I find it so fitting, what about you? It was designed by Dani Mogstadt for Riley Blake Designs. Love it - take a look a the lighter part of the collection here, my favorites were the sparkle nudes and of course, sparkle florals.
Purse Pattern - More About The Glam Girl Purse
Curvy and elegant - perfect for special occasions. This small clutch is a good size for your wallet, phone, and a few other items.
- Curvy and elegant - perfect for special occasions.
- 2 options for interior pockets (zipper pocket, slip pocket, card slot included)
- A magnetic snap closure to keep everything safe
- Interfaced for added stability, fat quarter friendly
- A hidden strap connector that will turn the clutch into a wristlet any moment.
- The flap gives you the chance to add an eye-catching feel to the project. Shine!
GET YOUR PATTERN HERE
In addition to the 10-page printable pattern and separate cutting instructions, you will receive 25 pages of clear, easy to follow tutorial-style instructions and clear photos.
More about the purse pattern:
- pattern for intermediate level - mainly because you need to sew curves
- appropriate for home sewing machines
- 10 pattern pages plus
- 25 pages of instructions with clear photos for each step
- plus diagrams and tips to help you along the way
- Printing guide and cutting instructions for rectangular pieces (if you only want to print the necessary pieces).
- All measurements are given in inch and cm.
- Printable both on letter-size and A4
- Fabric in total: half a yard/metre
For interfacing recommendations and hardware required, see the description in the shop (HERE)
FINISHED SIZE of the purse
10" wide at bottom/ 8" wide at opening, 5.5" tall, 2" deep (25/20 x 14 x 5 cm)
Make sure to save it to Pinterest for some sewing inspiration:
If you like what you see, check out the pattern here:
Leave a Reply