How To Sew A Soft Ball – What about a perfect baby-welcoming gift you can make in a really short time? This is an easy, step-by-step beginner sewing tutorial that shows you how to make a soft toy for a baby. I included lots of photos to make it super easy for you to sew a handmade gift to a special baby in your life – it’s a perfect beginner sewing project. And did I mention there is a free PDF sewing pattern waiting for you to download?
This post includes affiliate links. Thanks for your support.
This post is part of the FREE BABY SEWING PATTERNS series on this blog. Make sure to grab ALL of the free baby sewing patterns on this site:
Free Bandana Bib Pattern – Just the coolest dribble bib!
Free Pattern – Baby Burp Cloth
Free Baby Scarf Tutorial – With a Twist!Free Pattern – Fabric SailBoat Toy
Free Pattern – Baby Sensory Toy
And there are so many more! Now, off to sewing these softies: they are an all-time favorite with babies, so you cannot miss if you decide to make one yourself as a baby gift. In fact, I’ve made some as baby welcoming gifts myself – and they always, always turned out to be a great, personalized present.
Soft Ball Pattern
Join me, get your free PDF sewing pattern and learn how to make a cute toy all by yourself. It’s easy!
- 5 pieces of 6×3 inch cotton fabric (Check out Peek-A-Boo shop for cute baby prints!)
- optional: pieces of satin ribbon to make loops
- some soft toy stuffing material
- coordinating sewing thread
- sewing machine, scissors,
- your FREE PDF Sewing Pattern (available in the subscriber-resource library for all newsletter subscribers – join the free newsletter here!)
And if you are looking for some adorable new fabric, you can check out these cute fabrics by peek-a-boo. (They’ve also got gorgeous baby prints!)
MORE TO SEW:
Soft Ball TUTORIAL:
I usually use a 1/4 inch seam allowance here (=approximately 7 mm in metric), the usual one for soft toys.
1) Use the PDF pattern to cut 5 pieces for the soft baby ball. Also cut several pieces of ribbon, each 2 inch (5 cm) in length. Arrange the individual leaves for sewing.
Soooo, your soft and cuddly fabric ball is ready for playing. Happy gift giving!
Save For Later:
Want More Free Patterns+Tutorials?